Water - Is there a crisis?
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Money, or water ?

4 posters

Go down

Money, or water ? Empty Money, or water ?

Post  Abbygael Gregoire-Gaul Fri Dec 31, 2010 4:21 am

Money. Is that what our world has come too? I find it’s outrageous on how far we will go to get money these days. We put the need of our advancement in society instead of the need of others whose lives depend on it. Water is one of nature’s number one sources given to us to survive and yet, we deny it from others unless they pay us back with money. Privatization only benefits few compared to the many others out there who die every minute of every day because they have been denied of clean water or water at all. We have many other ways to make money in our country but water is defiantly not one of them. This is wrong of us to do. There are children somewhere at this very moment who are currently dyeing because they do not have anything to keep them hydrated and if they do, it is most likely to contain dangerous bacteria that could easily damage their already weakened bodies. We have many other things we can use to make money off of, but water should be free to everyone. In the end, what keeps us alive, money... or water?
Abbygael Gregoire-Gaul
Abbygael Gregoire-Gaul

Back to top Go down

Money, or water ? Empty Re: "Money, or water ?"

Post  Aliya_Roumeliotis Fri Dec 31, 2010 7:14 pm

I agree with the fact that we shouldn't privatize water when it is a natural resource given to us all. Though we have about 25% of the worlds fresh water, I think we should be doing more to help less fortunate countries because we are in fact a water rich country.

But on the other side of the spectrum shouldn't it be the governments responsibility to provide their country with clean water, or rights that allow its citizens to be able to have accessible clean water? In the end I think water cannot be owned and everyone should have access to fresh clean water because it is a basic human right.

Aliya_Roumeliotis

Back to top Go down

Money, or water ? Empty Water for Life, Not for Profit

Post  ShEmA rAnGiRa Fri Dec 31, 2010 8:24 pm

I agree with Abby. Privatization of our water only benefits those with the money to afford it. Many people die of dehydration because of the lack of water, small, innocent children die for no good reason. Water privatization is not just allowing needless preventable deaths its killing a fair amount of children … our future. Who cares if selling water is a good way to make money, who cares if it would be better for our economy. Is it really worth the destruction of the young minds of the children that could one day change the world for the better, is it really worth the destruction of our future, the destruction of our one and only planet that we can call home. Well I say no, but you choose .Money or the survival of our Earth. Twenty years from now I don’t want to be looking outside my window to see a waste-land of a planet and wonder what easily could have been prevented if our governments showed some humanity and used water to save lives, and not for profit.
ShEmA rAnGiRa
ShEmA rAnGiRa

Back to top Go down

Money, or water ? Empty Money is life

Post  Troy St-aubin Fri Dec 31, 2010 9:59 pm

Abby does make a good point in saying that water keeps us alive and that many many people are deprived of this natural resource needed for survival. But on the other hand lets look at our society if we have money we can get anything we want or need including water but take away the money and we can't get anything let that be food water or clothing to keep us warm with out money we eventually will die because the world revolves around currency, We make money we go and buy the things we need to sustain our daily lives. so in short yes money has become a new resource of life in modern society. And it is just as important or even important then water.

Troy St-aubin

Back to top Go down

Money, or water ? Empty Re: Money, or water ?

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down