Water - Is there a crisis?
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

should we be worried about our water ?

3 posters

Go down

should we be worried about our water ?  Empty should we be worried about our water ?

Post  Kailina Hennink Tue Dec 14, 2010 10:09 pm

i feel the usage of water in a household can be viewed benificially from the left wing. we use water everyday and the average person used 50 gallons per day, only used in your house. we use so much water we dont realize how much we use, or waste for that matter. some people cant even afford water. we are so lucky we have clean water we can use whenever we disire. we should look at saving our water, water is sacrid and as an individual you could look at helping the enviornment; including animals and people around the world. we dont only have to focus on household water but also on drinking, agriculture, industry, recreation, habitat, and transportation. should you make a difference? think about saving water, because one day we might be going through a water crises and struggling for water because some people are already suffering.

Kailina Hennink

Back to top Go down

should we be worried about our water ?  Empty We should be worried about our water! Nivine.A

Post  Nivine. A Mon Dec 27, 2010 2:43 pm

It's true, we do use a lot of water everyday in our lives. However sometimes we take it for granted and don't really think how important it is. We need to start realizing that water does matter all over the world, because a lot of people can't afford water either. Approximately 3.575 million people die each year from water-related disease, all because they don't have access to clean and fresh water ( http://water.org/learn-about-the-water-crisis/facts/). We should also save water for the animals and plants around us. More than 80% of sewage in developing countries is discharged untreated, polluting rivers, lakes and coastal areas. Which is affecting the animals and the environment in many ways. Global biodiversity is dropping fastest in fresh water ecosystems (http://water.org/learn-about-the-water-crisis/facts/). We need to realize that if we keep wasting our water and polluting it, we will run out of water supply someday. Not only us but the animals too. We can all start by using less water than we usually do or start recycling all of our bottled water if we use any.

Nivine. A

Back to top Go down

should we be worried about our water ?  Empty Re: should we be worried about our water ?

Post  Sydney Tessler Sat Jan 01, 2011 12:22 am

I agree with Kailina, we, as humans, don't seem to realize how much water we use on a daily basis!!! 50 gallons a day is ALOT and i'll be the first to admit I may waste double that.
How about the poor? it's really not fair how in North America we can waste as much water as we please while in developing countries, they can't waste because they don't have water.
It upsets me to see how people around the world in rich countries don't believe the water crisis will affect them, but in the end it will affect not only that certain country but every country in the world. Why can't we start making a difrrence now? Why can't we inform people on the nature of their water wasting ways and show them a solution that can benifit everyone? it's not only humans that will suffer in this "water war" but animals too. Who are we to say that as humans, we are more important and smarter therfore we deserve the water more than the animals? Why should they suffer for our mistake? It isn't the animals who polluted the world or caused war. By saving water we are saving the animals and by saving the animals we are gaining important animals products that we need to survive. Next time you brush your teeth and let the water run at the same time think about what you'r doing. Your not only helping yourself but the whole world. It only takes one person to start making a diffrence. Why can't it be you or me or everyone?
Sydney Tessler
Sydney Tessler

Back to top Go down

should we be worried about our water ?  Empty Re: should we be worried about our water ?

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down