Water - Is there a crisis?
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Kailen Pollitt, "Water for the World"

+3
caitlingreen
Thomas Sullivan
Kailen Pollitt
7 posters

Go down

Kailen Pollitt, "Water for the World" Empty Kailen Pollitt, "Water for the World"

Post  Kailen Pollitt Sat Dec 11, 2010 2:08 pm

There is only one planet, and only one set amount of water that an entire planet needs to live. Much of it is undrinkable. Yet, clean water is something none of us can be without. So, if we were all born with the same rights, on the same earth, what gives someone the right to “own” water? Why should we as a people be able to use as much water as we want, when other people have to walk miles to obtain a small amount of it? It doesn’t seem fair. With the billions of species that we share the world with needing water just as much as we do, why do we only care about oursleves? Selling water for money to further our own economy? It is a creul thought, to think that we could be so selfish as to privatize water, keep it all to ourselves. That is the reality that we’re looking at. If we all use only what we needed, there would be water enough to keep everything going for many more generations. We can’t undo the past. We only have control of the future. Let’s educate people about how to take care of their water, not to waste it, and learn from our mistake.

Kailen Pollitt

Back to top Go down

Kailen Pollitt, "Water for the World" Empty Re: Kailen Pollitt, "Water for the World"

Post  Thomas Sullivan Sun Dec 12, 2010 6:55 pm

Kailen, you’re right we all share this planet and the amount of water that has been given to us. We do know that there is no other possible situation to create water but yet we still search not only on earth but other planets. People can tell that some day the earth will run out of water. One day men and women will see the corruption of plastic. I don’t understand how people can be so selfish and make other people pay for what should be an equal human right. I feel sad for those who live in other countries and don’t have clean drinking water, as North America and the all the richer places``drink it all down.``How can people change what they do every day? How can we help people who have no water or access to clean drinking water? If it is a right, why don’t people obey? If no one owns water why is there privatization where there shouldn’t be any?

Thomas Sullivan

Back to top Go down

Kailen Pollitt, "Water for the World" Empty reply to water for the world .

Post  caitlingreen Sun Dec 12, 2010 7:34 pm

I agree, we all are equal and we have one planet to live on. Why should we have to fight for something that was naturally given to us? We need it too survive and we need it too live we need it for plenty of things, why should others have more power of a say to determine our water rights. Water is for everyone and we should all have it, for the people who don’t have a heart and are selfish should realize that one day things might change and we should be protecting and helping the situation then try to make things worse for other people around the world who do not have that power to step up and say something. We all have a voice and we should be using it to make a change for the better not the worse. The question will be is what will happen when we have no more water resources?

caitlingreen

Back to top Go down

Kailen Pollitt, "Water for the World" Empty Caitlin:Wasting water is not okay.

Post  Mr.Kunarac Fri Dec 31, 2010 1:48 am

As I read your entire reply I wasn't agreeing with any of it, mainly because I am a right winger. The last sentence of your reply opened up so many thoughts that I had to reply.
"The question will be is what will happen when we have no more water resources?" This is why saving water is so important, especially in the long run. Its just like having a plug to hold all the water in a tub. The more free water we give away the more it goes down the drain. Think of the water going in to the drain in speed. The water enters the drain extremely quickly when you don't have a plug. Just like giving out free water. When we have have no more water resources then we are done! Thats it, we can't do anything about it. People will wonder how it happened and will look at people that believe in equality and they will be the ones hitting themselves in the head.

Mr.Kunarac

Back to top Go down

Kailen Pollitt, "Water for the World" Empty reply to Kailen Pollitt:Water For The World

Post  nolan.w Fri Dec 31, 2010 10:39 pm

I agree, we should only be using water when we really need it.But this can only happen if there is a barracade infront of the use of this resource.Meaning there needs to be a cost so that you think about every drop you use.People do not think of the future as much as they should, so they just use the free water and then before they know it, it's gone.Companies desided to own the water resource because of how the world is developing.There is polution everywhere you look and every home in the world doesn't have an extremely expensive sanitation system.So most likely a couple of people with a lot of political power took measures into their own hands.As they started realizing that the world is starting to lack clean water they sold the small amount of remaining clean water to people and then developed profit to build a treatement system for their company.Basically the previous points brings us to where we are now.They decided to own water for the sake of the world.It's a choice that was made for the better of us.Thinking about poor and weak countries and how they will react to the situation being made.It really doesn;t change a whole lot about them.They will basically remain as they were before.Their economy and develoment is so bad is would take an uncountable amount of money for them to become as good as middle class countries are such as Angola,India,Pakistan,Philippines,Ukraine and Vietnam.Democracy took over in the world and only the people with power can change that.

nolan.w

Back to top Go down

Kailen Pollitt, "Water for the World" Empty Chase RE: water for the world

Post  Chase Fri Dec 31, 2010 11:19 pm

I agree with you but there is only one thing that pops into my mind which is, Why should deprive our selves from water or feel guilty for have these water resources just because other people in the world are unfortunate enough to have this capability to have access to water? I agree with the fact that we sell water for bad prices and something that every one needs to live. No one should be able to own water no one can own air and there is no difference between the two, we need both to survive. There are a lot of problems around water and if we don’t stop the problem now then we will always have a issues around water and water privatization. If we don’t start treating water with more respect there will not be enough water for the world to survive on. Water is a resource that every one deserves to have unfortunately it is not the case to this day.

Chase

Back to top Go down

Kailen Pollitt, "Water for the World" Empty alternate sources of water???

Post  Jeremy Olding Armstrong Fri Dec 31, 2010 11:39 pm

What about recycling water? It is possible. Things such as water reclaimation or desalination could prolong our useage of water because in the end those efforts will be futile because either way we would have used the water anyway and there would still not be enough water for the world's inhabitants. While some of these methods may be damaging to the environment it is a risk me may have to take in order to survive. Water, above all else is necessary for our continuity. It isn't a method of conservation we need its a method of renewal. Otherwise how will future generations go on with out water? the answer is that they won't just like we won't if we don't figure it out.
Jeremy Olding Armstrong
Jeremy Olding Armstrong

Back to top Go down

Kailen Pollitt, "Water for the World" Empty Re: Kailen Pollitt, "Water for the World"

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down