Water - Is there a crisis?
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

water is an essential, but should we value oil more because of its value?

2 posters

Go down

water is an essential, but should we value oil more because of its value? Empty water is an essential, but should we value oil more because of its value?

Post  hodan ahmed Tue Dec 28, 2010 11:17 pm

Water is precautious, it’s important; it’s valuable, it’s essential. We know that water is important, but why? Is it because 70% of earth’s surface is water, or 75% of the human body is water, or because 90% of human blood is water too? Water is important not because it’s a major export in Canada, it’s important throughout the world because it’s a key to the door of life. It should be a given right to have clean and safe drinking water to everyone at all times but I know that isn’t true. I understand that water has to be put through a number of organic and inorganic matter, chemicals, and other contaminants. I know that water has great value, it has a cost, and not everyone is blessed with it. I think the world should understand that water is of great importance, maybe even more important than oil! Oil is important, we need it for virtually everything in the world today but when water runs out we can’t drink that. When water runs out it will be the end of the world, and when oil runs out it will be the end of some people lives but not everyone’s. We have to priorities; oil is a very useful substance that we need to make our lives function but water has that same if not greater value. I don’t know all the fact about water and oil. How much drinkable water is left on earth, how much money it cost to manufacture oil, none of us know that for sure. I know that water is an important valuable substance. We have to watch out for our future because water has to be a part of it.

hodan ahmed

Back to top Go down

water is an essential, but should we value oil more because of its value? Empty Life in Marvelous Times

Post  Aliab asdfghjkl Fri Dec 31, 2010 3:40 pm

I see what you're saying to the readers and I believe that water is our future. The only problem I can't get over is how we'd be able to keep water for that long a period. Sure the oil companies are taking over the economy but how long would we have before people get drawn back to water and notice it's more important than oil. Water should be the most important element in life and sustaining it... but how would we sustain it if we don't have ways to keep our water equivalent to the growth of the world's population? in the very near future were set to have a multiplication of our worlds population and many people don't understand that. They don't understand that water would soon become as valued (in society) like oil and countries would unleash wars to those that have it (I.e us!). "If we have 4 candies for one child and 3 children come and see that the child has them, would we (as example, elders) let the other children assertively take a piece each or equally divide them with piece?". That I'd how we should treat our water by privatizing it equally so we can have our fraction and use it rationally while giving other fractions economically based so the others can have some too.
That way, we could bring water to the water-lacking areas of the world and establish peace with them.

Aliab asdfghjkl

Back to top Go down