Water - Is there a crisis?
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Water Conservation

2 posters

Go down

Water Conservation Empty Water Conservation

Post  Yasmeen Zoubi Thu Dec 30, 2010 3:46 pm

People use water every day, but are they using the right amount? On a daily basis, we all use water to wash our hands, brush our teeth, shower ourselves, clean food, water our gardens, and more. However, when many of us use this water, we do not think of how much water we are using! Large amounts of water are being used and this is definitely a waste. If this is continuously happening until later on in the future, we would not have enough water left for ourselves! Therefore, I believe that we must all take action and reduce the quantity of water that we use daily. By doing this, we can save plenty of water for ourselves and others for the future. From now on, we should not let the water run while we brush our teeth, because it is not being used and it just goes down the drain. In addition, instead of taking baths, we should take quick showers. This is because showering uses up a much smaller amount of water. As for our food, we should not let gallons of water run on them, but should let a small portion of water run. Finally, we should start watering our plants at night instead of during the daytime so there isn't any sunlight available to absorb their water. Start Conserving our Water!

Last edited by Yasmeen Zoubi on Fri Dec 31, 2010 10:18 pm; edited 1 time in total

Yasmeen Zoubi

Back to top Go down

Water Conservation Empty yasmeen:water conservation

Post  allisonbeattie Thu Dec 30, 2010 9:12 pm

i definitely agree that we use way to much water, for example not long ago i saw my nieghbours sprinkler go off in the middle of a thunder storm!it was such a waste! it seams like theres an endless supply of water in fact about 70 percent of the world is coverd in water, 97.5 percent of that water is unuseable because it makes up oceans and seas. 68.9 percent of the fresh water is in the form of glaciers and permenant snow cover. an other 30.8percent is ground water, permafrost, swamp water and soil moisture so less than half our clean water is actually usable(facts form nature canada.ca, 2009) and we are polluting and wasting it! some simple and effective ways to save water are, when you're doing dishes by hand don't leave the water running when your rinsing them, make sure you're dish washer and washing machine is full befor you run them and last but not least keep a pitcher of water in the refrigerator instead of running the cold water it saves alot of water!

allisonbeattie

Back to top Go down