Water - Is there a crisis?
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Possible Crisis

2 posters

Go down

The Possible Crisis Empty The Possible Crisis

Post  Victoria Barrett Thu Dec 23, 2010 11:11 am

There is still the same amount of water as 100 years ago, a million years ago. We just don’t have the same amount of clean, usable water to meet the demands of the 21st century. However, we live among a society where we constantly develop new concepts and solutions. I believe that there will be a solution to the lack of clean water. Advancements are already being made with water filtration systems, it’s only a matter of time! Many, including myself, also believe that water privatization is a good solution, however, I believe it should only be temporary and rules be set into place. Everyone must be entitled to an appropriate amount of water each day no matter their race, religion etc. Also, the companies must set limits to the amount of water they use as well. Yes, we may have a crisis on our hands... But we also are probably very close to a solution as well.

Victoria Barrett

Back to top Go down

The Possible Crisis Empty The possible Crises.

Post  leeahmehta Tue Dec 28, 2010 12:20 pm

I 100 percent agree with you Victoria.
The amount of water on the earths surface hasn't changed. Its the amount of clean water that has. Hundreds of years ago it wasn't a big concern to people weather the water is clean or not, it's about if they had some. They didn't need to worry about Chemicals that are being released into rivers and streams by large companies, who are trying to Dam the water. But even then they found away have clean water.
Now a days its the same thing, yes there are chemicals that are contaminating our water, but we are in the 21st Century.We may not have the solution at this time but as Victoria mentioned they may be working on it, And in the future there may be solution.
She also mentioned privatization, i sum what agree with it being " Temporary". If company need to use water for there product yes, they should dam some off but, i don't think it should be privatized. And that company's should stop being selfish and start thinking about others, and how water is mandatory in our lives.

leeahmehta

Back to top Go down