Water - Is there a crisis?
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Central Opinion

3 posters

Go down

Central Opinion  Empty Central Opinion

Post  Troy St-aubin Thu Dec 09, 2010 6:25 pm

My personal opinion of the political spectrum is that of the central view I chose central because I am half way on both subjects of environment and the economy. For example the mass extraction of water can cause sink holes that could eventually become large enough to suck down a whole city, But to not take water and help our economy would be silly as economy is just as important as the environment because if we have a bad economy we have a bad life style, both of these subjects are important to our life style but both have repercussions. For example if we don't take out water it won't necessarily damage our economy but it won't help it either, But if we do take out more water then we need to actually take out then the consequences can be just as bad if not worse, For example if there is a large underground reserve of water underneath a city or town and you pump out all the water from underneath it the weight of the city will become to much for the ground to handle and the ground will end up collapsing.

Troy St-aubin

Back to top Go down

Central Opinion  Empty reply to your opinion .

Post  caitlingreen Sun Dec 12, 2010 7:22 pm

I agree on your opinion, we need to realize the pros and cons of each situation. The water situation is a big one to handle and to deal with, but we can make an effort to change it or damage it. Money wise it wouldn’t sound right, it would help but majority or people would have an opinion on the price of water and how we should have the right to water. Environmentally wise it would change, we would see the ridges of the lake for an example where water use to be and nature would take its toll and we would lose a lot of things that we have naturally given to use on this planet. Water seems to define a lot to our lives, society and the world and existence of things. Why should we destroy something that was put here for us too all have? When we should be protecting and using it wisely.

caitlingreen

Back to top Go down

Central Opinion  Empty Reply to : Central Opinion by Rosy Ndumbi

Post  Rosy K Ndumbi Sat Jan 01, 2011 1:05 am

You have a very good point, being central is a good position to be in. When you are in this position, you get to understand the different point of views from the right and left side. This makes the final decision you make about anything be very reasonable. However the decision might lead you to be either on right and left side. What i believe people should do when it comes to a decision over an issue like the water crisis, people should making a decision that is for the left political spectrum but also supports the right. A good decision can be made when the enivronment will not be effected negatively. An example of this is the oil sand. On the left side, people believe that we should exploit the oil sand in order to benefit the economy. On the right side, people believe that the amount of engery being used to make the oil usable, creates greenhouse gases. In order to make a fair decision, people could find a way to make the oil usable with releasing alot of energy, making both sides have benefits. [list][*]

Rosy K Ndumbi

Back to top Go down

Central Opinion  Empty Re: Central Opinion

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum