Water - Is there a crisis?
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

war of the waters.

4 posters

Go down

war of the waters. Empty war of the waters.

Post  Rykker Mcleod Wed Dec 08, 2010 10:02 pm

lets just set the scene for a moment.
just say the world is running low on water and many countries are looking towards northern countries such as Canada , Russia places like that for sustenance , how long would it really be before our so called "allies" to the south actually launch some form of "anti-Canaidian" propaganda campaign to give them selves political reason to attack us?
who would we look to for help?
what will anyone do once we and all other northern countries are out of water?
who profits , for that matter; who survives?
just a thought.
Rykker Mcleod
Rykker Mcleod

Back to top Go down

war of the waters. Empty Re: war of the waters.

Post  Jake Thu Dec 09, 2010 5:30 pm

You bring up a good point. If countries that have little to no water, look at us to keep their population alive and healthy, and we do not give them what they need, what kind of monsters are we? If we sell large amounts of water to these less fortunate areas in the world, we would not only be helping out others, but also make profit.
We aren’t cavemen anymore; we can’t just walk to a stream or river and start drinking that water, because it could be contaminated. I don’t feed my family food that could possibly kill them, so why give them a drink that could?
As Men without Hats says, in their song “As long as we abuse it, never gonna lose it”. I believe if we abuse this resource, people will have their fare share of water. It will keep them satisfied, hopefully long enough for our water reserves to resupply themselves with rain water.
Jake
Jake

Back to top Go down

war of the waters. Empty re: war of the waters

Post  Taylor Cameron Sun Dec 12, 2010 9:08 pm

I agree with Rykker, although i think that we should not privatize the selling of water. I think that the governments of the countries with a large supply of water should be running the sale of water. I think this should be done because although companies are responsible, they can become indulged in the profit and forget about the people. If the government were to control the flow of water to other countries I believe that it would last longer and accommodate more people. They would want to make profit, but would not lose site of the people in their country as well as the countries they are selling water to. I think in the aspect of profit, it would also benefit the people of the country selling the water because the profit would be put towards improving the country.

As well, when you say "Political reason to attack us", in an ideal world I would disagree with this statement. We are, however, not in an ideal world so I tend to agree. If we were to sell water to their country for a reasonable price, why would they attack the source of their water? Well, control, power and a probable increase in the rate sold would also increase the chance of a good reason to attack. "Water is life" this is why they would not attack...in an ideal world. Unfortunate for us?

Taylor Cameron

Back to top Go down

war of the waters. Empty Reply: to War of the Water by: Rosy Ndumbi

Post  Rosy K Ndumbi Fri Dec 31, 2010 6:33 pm

I disagree with the fact that other countries will be starting war with Canada. One of the reasons countries will not want to create conflict with Canada is because the United States of America is like a big brother to Canada, meaning it has Canada’s back. With the support from the USA, it will be hard for Canada to be defeated because the US has other countries they can depend on like North Korea and China (the two countries known for their powerful nuclear weapons).
Also, judging from how technology has transformed, in the near future, technology will be more advanced. People will find ways to send fresh water to other countries that need it, without having to displace citizens from their lands. By this time, other countries will most likely find ways of how they can make their water clean, making them rely on what they have and not have to depend on countries that have the world’s freshest water.

Rosy K Ndumbi

Back to top Go down

war of the waters. Empty Re: war of the waters.

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down