Water - Is there a crisis?
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Canada- Exporting raw materials since the 1600's

2 posters

Go down

Canada- Exporting raw materials since the 1600's Empty Canada- Exporting raw materials since the 1600's

Post  Jake Wed Dec 15, 2010 8:26 pm

“Canada was built on selling raw materials – fur, timber, wheat, electricity, oil – so it only makes sense to sell our water which we have in abundance” – Mr. Russell.

I believe what Mr. Russell was referring to when he told me this, is that Canada has been exporting our raw materials. Even before Canada was founded, the French that came to this wonderful piece of land were exporting good found in Canada.

Who are we, to go against the history of this great Nation, and say no to exporting our water. We have plenty of water in this wonderful Nation, while others, have none? To me, it only makes sense that we give others access to our water.

To all those environmentalists out there, “How many jobs did the hippies ever create?” – Anonymous. In this time, in this world, we need money to survive. People need jobs, people need to support their family, and people need water!

Sure, keeping the water to ourselves would give us a much healthier population, but think of all the lives we will be destroying! We will be taking away a humans right to live by not giving them access to water. Who are we, to decide life or death?
Jake
Jake

Back to top Go down

Canada- Exporting raw materials since the 1600's Empty Re: Canada- Exporting raw materials since the 1600's

Post  Rykker Mcleod Thu Dec 16, 2010 11:40 am

i agree entirely with jake, we have been here living our day to day lives for centuries.
just because some less fortunate peoples are at an ends when it comes to water doesn't mean we should drop everything and help them.
sure , we should be the "big brother" and help out the little guy but that does not in any way mean that we should damage our countries structural integrity by giving things away when ever some one asks.
if we did things like that , not only would we be in an economic crisis rivaled only by the great depression but we would be putting our own citizens in danger of not having enough water for our selves.
if we begin giving all of our natural resources where will it end?
how long until we are giving away jobs and money to any low life who asks for it?
oh , wait i just realized we all ready do; good job stephen harper you've screwed us over again.
let's all just go on welfare checks and eat hamburgers on our la-z boy recliners.
Rykker Mcleod
Rykker Mcleod

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum