Water - Is there a crisis?
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

We can't live without it.

+2
sadievilleneuve
Sydney Tessler
6 posters

Go down

We can't live without it. Empty We can't live without it.

Post  Sydney Tessler Wed Dec 15, 2010 11:34 am

People think that if water runs out, we will still have milk,juice and pop to drink instead, but that's not true. In order to even have milk, you need a cow and what does a cow drink? WATER!!! also their is water in milk and without it, milk wouldn't taste as good.
The same goes for juice, their is water in that and in pop. Without water, we wouldn't have any of the drinks we enjoy. Even the basic parts of food need water, weat (in bread) fruit and veggies. without water, their wouldn't be much food, so basically, we CAN'T live without it. So Canada needs to start thinking about ways to save the water, because saving water means saving food, which means saving humans and animals alike.
Animals DRINK water, it's all they drink, without clean drinking water for them, their would be a major extiction and alot of humans eat meat or use products made from animals. Animals can't drink dirty water, just like anyone or anything, they would get sick.
Where am I going with this? Canada needs to become the water hero.
I don't think it's fair that people are standing by and not doing anything to help the world.
Everything Humans rely on needs water. What can we do without it?

Sydney Tessler
Sydney Tessler

Back to top Go down

We can't live without it. Empty sadie: re: we cant live without it

Post  sadievilleneuve Sat Dec 18, 2010 6:54 pm

You have a good point Sydney. Our whole existent relies on water. Products such as juices and pop have components of water in them. We rely so much on water to function we may be harming our self in the long run.
An important thing I would like to bring up in your article that you have written, “Without water, we wouldn't have any of the drinks we enjoy. “ Its much more then that Sydney, without water we would all die. Food would not be able to be manufactured and what was able to me made. May also be contaminated. Another issue with your article that I am having with your writing is you are focusing on just the food and drink aspects of water. Water in my opinion is much more then that. We need water to live. Were 75% water and desperately need it. The earth also needs it because they are just like us, and also 75% water. Ecosystems will be deeply affected, and the human race being on the top is going to suffer the greatest. I feel much like you that something needs to be done. The first step needs to be recognition that there is a problem. Solutions will only grow and flourish from there.
To address your question “what can we do without it?” We can’t do anything. We will all suffer in a way that we would not want to experience. It’s safe to say even though I disagree on some topics. We are both very concerned with helping before we see the effects.

sadievilleneuve

Back to top Go down

We can't live without it. Empty Water... the basis of other foods and drinks.

Post  Yasmeen Zoubi Thu Dec 30, 2010 3:27 pm

Sydney proves a very important point. Not only is water there for us in order to quench our thirst, but it is one of the main ingredients in order to produce other drinks, such as milk, juice, soda, and more. In addition, I agree with the fact that these other drinks wouldn’t taste as good without water being added to them. Also, humans eat dairy products and meats from animals. In order for these foods to be in good quality, the animals in which provide us with these foods must be healthy. As a result, we must have healthy water for them to drink because if we gave them contaminated water, they would get sick and we would be eating contaminated and bad quality foods which come from them. In conclusion, Canada must definitely start saving water and not to keep on continuously taking it for granted. Also, we must keep its waters clean so we can all be safe and healthy!

Last edited by Yasmeen Zoubi on Fri Dec 31, 2010 10:13 pm; edited 2 times in total

Yasmeen Zoubi

Back to top Go down

We can't live without it. Empty Re: We Can't Live Without It.

Post  Kelsey Rodgers Fri Dec 31, 2010 7:02 pm

Not only humans need water to drink to survive. I fully agree with Sydney, the lack of water would have a negative impact on the whole human food chain.
You may not even think of it , but if you look around you you’d be amazed by how many things you need water for. People, animals, babies, crops, plants, pools, washing machines, dishwashers, and many more need water. Canada does need to become a world leader on finding ways to conserve our water and to put their efforts into potentially building machines that require less water to run. Imagine if we could come up with different ways to wash our laundry and dishes without using so much water?. Sometimes we think this is impossible, but look at the hand sanitizer that they came out with to wash and cleanse peoples hands. At one time we probably never thought that we could clean our hands without water, but now we can. Who’s to say that we can’t build dishwashers and laundry machines that do not require less water?. All you really have to do is to make an effort and believe.

Kelsey Rodgers

Back to top Go down

We can't live without it. Empty Re: We can't live without it.

Post  Faduma Abukar Fri Dec 31, 2010 8:08 pm

I completely agree with you Sydney, We rely on water for everything. For our hygiene, our food, and our basic necessary things. I think people should really start to realize that water is a big part of our world, it is 70% of the world is water. Major companies should realize what they're actions are doing to the environment, and for society. And we should really appreciate water more, instead of just selling it for water for money. Water is bassicly life.
It is the basic essential in life, It also provides our bodies with medical benefits, like minerals. If we did not have water, there would be no fish or other sea creatures. If we did not have these animals it would complicate the difficult balance of the food chain and that would be dreadful. As population increases and industrial growth proliferates, good water is slowly disappearing.We also treat our water supplies very badly, using it mostly to dispose of wastes.

Faduma Abukar

Back to top Go down

Post  Adam Awada Sat Jan 01, 2011 12:42 am

No we cannot live without it, and people are not yet understanding why they shouldn't privatize it, or sell it. Without water, their'd be no other natural resources, no rain, not even humans; and in that case, there'd be no animals swell. Due to no water we'd be facing a water crisis. No water, nothing will exist. We cannot sit and watch this happen right infront of our eyes, we have to make a stand. As humans, we lack leadership when we make a stand to protect in what we need the most which is water, and we need to protect the wild life alOng with it. We need water liberation.
Adam Awada
Adam Awada

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum